Saturday 30 October 2010

Five minute eggless mug cake

Last night I had a craving for something sweet (as usual! lol). Unfortunately we didn't have any eggs :( Dom suggested the five minute mug cake, but I said no, as I remembered it having an egg in it. However a quick search on google brought up this. I used the first recipe. However, the abbreviations for tablespoons and teaspoons are a wrong on a couple of the ingredients, so it was a bit hit and miss. So here's my slightly altered version, with no abbreviations :)

Ingredients
5 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 rounded tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 rounded tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (the original says 1/4 baking soda, but we didn't have any)
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence

Put all dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl (or straight into your mug, but I find it easier to mix in a bowl). Give it a good mix. Add wet ingredients, and give it another good mix. Put the mixture into your mug. Then microwave it on full power for 2 minutes. Easey peasey!  :)
I also put a nice big dollop of Fluff on top and it was delicious! Also, I forgot baking powder in the first one, it went more like a brownie than cake, so feel free to leave out baking powder too if you don't have any, as it's still yummy without it :)
Hope you enjoy it!
Jellybean x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...