I've been slowly putting the shell of my Chantilly together. For the bodice gathers, I decided to try using three lines of basting. There was a post a while back on the Coletterie that showed the difference between two lines and three lines of basting and I wanted to see for myself :) For the lining, I only used two lines of stitching, and you can see the difference. Here's a very cropped zoomed in photo:
The gathers are much bigger and so not as even. So three lines of stitching certainly looks better, but it does take longer. The extra line of stitching takes more time, the actual gathering took longer as you're wrestling with three threads, and of course you have to unpick at least one line of stitching as it shows on the right side. I think the results are worth it though! :)
In knitting news, I may have acquired more yarn ;) One I bought, and one I was given as a thank you because Sarah from Spins and Needles asked me if I'd like to knit a shop sample!! It was very flattering to be asked :) She has just taken delivery of some Malabrigo Sock, so wanted a sample to show off in the shop. Sarah chose Damson by Ysolda Teague as she also stocks Whimsical Little Knits 2 that the pattern is in. I finished it last night and it's currently soaking ready to be blocked :) And as a thank you I got to choose a hank of the Malabrigo Sock for my very own! It's lovely yarn, so soft and the colours are beautiful.
Hmm, we'll see how long that lasts ;)