First of all, thank you to Very Berry Handmade for the amazing giveaway a couple of weeks ago! I won a package of 4 fat quarters! Polka dot fat quarters no less!
I'm not sure what to make with them yet, any ideas? Tutorials? Let me know! :)
It's been over a week since my last post, how did that happen?! Well, life ran away with me. There were birthdays, cupboards of my left behind junk at my mums to sort through, helping my brother get into college and a lack of motivation to do much of anything craft related. I've been restless and haven't felt like sitting down to concentrate on anything.
Anyway, this morning I finally got round to transferring the changes I made to the Pendrell dress muslin! To do it, I marked where the pins had been with a sharpie marker. So I ended up with this:
Then I laid my paper pattern over the top and roughly traced the marks. I measured everything to make sure, and then made the lines smooth and redrew the new seam allowance. I also added just a smidge to the side seam at bust level.
I just have to trim the pieces where there are new seam allowances and then I can start on the muslin! Before starting on the real thing, I'm going to trace the pieces out again so I have nice fresh sellotape-free pieces :)
I also finished the first Rosebud sock a while ago! Here it is:
It stretches out when it's on my foot and the lace is lovely :) Though currently its a little tight getting it over my heel, so I think I'll give it a gentle stretching out when I wash them like I did with my Snapdragon gloves.
Oh, and we had this stunning view from our window the other day!