I finished these at the weekend. They're the matching gloves to my Snapdragon tam. I can't remember the last time I has a matching hat and gloves set! I'm very tempted to make an I-cord so I can have them strung through my coat like when I was 3 or 4. I only just had enough yarn to finish them though. I suppose I could do a contrast one with yarn I have left over from other projects! :)
My gauge was off so they were a bit tight when they were finished. I'd added extra length in the flip top and thumb so the length was ok (adding the length is what made me nearly run out of yarn!). So when I blocked them, I gently pulled them width ways and laid my hand over them until they were a bit wider than my hand. I wish I'd taken before and after photos as there's quite a difference!
I really like the Snapdragon patterns and this yarn. The patterns are by Ysolda Teague and are in her book Whimsical Little Knits 2. The yarn is Rico Essentials merino DK, and is very soft and has great stitch definition!
I've picked up the Rosebud socks I started ages ago again, and I'm going to try very hard not to cast on any other projects. I currently have three WiPs which is plenty. Though I plan on starting my Christmas knitting at the beginning of October to make sure it's all finished on time. So they are the only new projects I'm allowed to cast on, but not until October! ;)