Friday 24 February 2012

Chantilly - lining


Isn't lining fabric hard to photograph? I blame the flash and it being too dull to take the photos without it. I actually cut and sewed the lining all in one day, Monday. I just haven't had time to photograph it yet. And I've been busy with my dissertation since then, I've only had time to wash the fashion fabric. I could have fit in some sewing if it had already been cut, but cutting takes me an age because our carpet is cheap and scratchy so my knees get sore if I'm cutting for too long. And I always change into my pj's to cut out, so I don't wear through my tights! That's how awful the carpet is.
Anyway, I'm really liking the look of it so far! I love this pattern! And my darts are getting better :) Also, the lining is from Croft Mill and is much better quality than what I can get from the market. This makes it much easier to sew! 
Oh, and I've joined My Sewing Circle! I'd been meaning to for a while, but just hadn't got round to it. I need to add my past projects to it at some point. My profile is here :)
Ashley x

1 comment:

  1. You might try a towel to protect your knees, if you have any extras that is....I remember the days of having two and washing them frequently... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...