Friday, 29 April 2011

Crescent skirt - muslin

Not too bad from the front, right?
And then you see the back. . .
Ah, well, that *may* be a *smidge* too tight. Lol. I'm not sure how this happened, I traced off a size 12 at the waist grading down to an 8 at the hips. Perhaps I didn't need to grade down to the 8? Not sure, but anyway its an easy fix. I think I'm going to add about half an inch at each side seam piece, so a total of 2 inches. This will give me plenty to play around with, as I'd rather it be too big than too small. As a whole though, I love it! Such a lovely shape, and those curved seams lend so much inspiration for adding something pretty! :)
Are you participating in the Sewalong? How's it going?
Ashley x


  1. Looking good Ashley...your muslin is so neat from the front, it puts mine to shame! Look at those beautiful pressed seams! I think here the important measurement here is your waist, not sure the hips are as important due to the gathering of the skirt. I am hoping to do my adjustments over this bank holiday weekend so i'm already to start the 'real thing'...i can't wait! x

  2. Yeah, I'm thinking I needn't have bothered grading down. Ah well, I'll be sure to add plenty, I can always take it in if needs be :)
    I only pressed them as I'm still getting used to my tailors hams so have been getting in as much practice as possible! :)
    I'm excited too, I can't wait to get the cutting out over and done with!
    Ashley x


Thanks for the comment!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...