Sunday 11 December 2011

Pick your battles


That collar is not going to lay flat no matter what I do. And it's whiter than the background of the strawberries. And the binding peaks out. So instead of fretting about it, I'm going to unpick it and simply bind the neckline with bias binding as per the instructions for the Pendrell blouse. Maybe I'll add a little bow at the neckline like on the Colette Pastille. I should have known it was not meant to be when a black mark mysteriously appeared right on the front of the collar.
So I'm going to spend the evening with my stitch ripper and perhaps some knitting and a mug of hot chocolate. And I'm not going to be grumpy about it, because I am picking my battles! And maybe tomorrow after I've handed those essays in, I'll have another go at the neckline. 
I hope you have all had a lovely weekend :)
Ashley x

6 comments:

  1. Oh no :( I really like the contrast of the white collar...perhaps you could bind the neckline and sleeves with white bias binding, that might look cute. Good luck :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have enough white fabric left :( Plus, I'm really bad at sewing visible binding on neatly! It ends up all wonky. lol
    I've got plenty of strawberry fabric left, so I'm just going to use that. Less noticeably wonky too ;)
    Thanks!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a shame as it's looks like a beautifully drafted collar. You topstitched the edges as well which is what I did. I don't know why it doesn't sit flat. I had about 3 goes at drafting a collar before I was happy with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you about picking your battles! I just love that strawberry fabric. Does the dress come up fairly high? If so, you might be able to do Casey's tutorial for a removable collar? Either way, I think it will look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) Hmm, 3 drafts?! Sounds like I've got a long way to go if I ever want to try drafting a collar again.
    It just sits funny, almost like there's too much fabric at the outer edge :S I think I need to do what Gertie did in her tutorial with the shoulder seam.
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a cute print, I love it! :) No, but I think I'll make the next one with a higher neckline, so I might try it then :) Thanks for pointing it out!
    Thanks :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...