Monday 29 August 2011

Circle skirt

I finally finished slip stitching the waistband down! :) I don't mind most hand sewing, but I hate slip stitching! Anyway its done now, it just needs to hand for a day or two to set the bias. Then there's the monster job of hemming it. And it needs a hook and eye on the tab above the zipper. The zipper went in really well! I'm so pleased with it, I'm starting to lose my fear of machine stitched zippers :)
I'm not sure what my next project will be. As I mentioned in my last post, all of my fabric fits into my new wardrobe, so I just need to decide which is my favourite fabric! I'm thinking of making a Pendrell dress with a self drafted peter pan collar. I'm just not sure I have a long enough length of fabric. We'll see :)
Those of you in the UK, enjoy the bank holiday! And those of you who aren't, have a happy Monday! 
Ashley x

1 comment:

  1. Thats going to be a fabulous skirt :-) the fabric is really lush too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...