Tuesday 16 August 2011

Snapdragon tam - pre-blocking

I finished it! It's so pretty, and I can't wait for it to finish drying. I took some pre-blocking photo's so we could see a before and after.
As you can see it fits like a beanie hat. I like beanie's but thats not how I want this hat. So, on the dinner plate after soaking for 20 minutes:
I rested the plate on a small glass so the bottom could dry properly. I'm really nervous about this. What if it ruins it?! Do you knitters out there think it looks ok on the plate? If it all goes wrong and ends up a funny shape, can I re-block it flat or something? It's 100% merino so can shrink back up right? Oh dear, is blocking going to make a nervous wreck every time? I hope not! 
Right, I'm off to cast on the first matching glove! :)
Ashley x
ps. As a side note, I haven't washed or wet my hair since Sunday night. Not using shop bought shampoo and conditioner is really helping! I no longer have to wash it every day to keep it clean and non-greasy. I've found every other day is good for now, but eventually I should be able to go longer :) I've also found that washing it in the evening, giving it a gentle cool blow dry and sleeping on it gets rid of frizz really well. I'm so happy with how silky soft my hair is right now :)

6 comments:

  1. I have that pattern, but I have been too afraid to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat :) I don't usually go for pink, it looked more red in the shop. But in the end I quite like it too :)
    It's really not that hard Nicki! It certainly looks it, and it's definitely not TV knitting in my opinion. I have to concentrate or I forget to do one of the things for that round! lol Give it go, you can always frog it if it doesn't turn out :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is gorgeous!! It looks sooooo complicated!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour! I think it should be fine on the plate because that is the shape you are after anyway. If it is a funny shape in the end I would reblock it. Can't wait to see how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sarah and Kat :) It's not as bad as it looks Sarah, just lots of instructions to follow!
    Thanks for the advice Kat, good to know mistakes can be fixed by re-blocking! :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...