Thursday 27 January 2011

Colette love

Ooh! I'm so excited, I've just ordered 3 of the lovely Colette Patterns!! I ordered them from Sewbox, as they'ew a UK supplier so they'll get here quicker :D So which ones did I order? The Sencha blouse, the Beignet skirt, and the Ceylon dress. I fell in love with all three when I first saw Tilly from Tilly and the Buttons versions :) I've wanted these patterns for ages! Though I have yet to work out how to d an FBA on the dress and blouse though :S I'm sure consulting Fit for real people will help :)
As for the fitting of the skirt, it was easy compared to the bodice! I had to move the pleating and darts so that they lined up with the darts on the bodice, and add a little to the side seam, but that was it! I'm planning on sewing the entire dress in muslin tomorrow to test it, and then I think I can go ahead with my fashion fabric! I picked out a poly cotton twill in a lovely red :) I'm going to pre-wash it later, as Im unsure how much is cotton so don't want it to shrink.
Oh, and I found my cami, so hopefully should be able to post pics when the next muslin is done!
Jellybean x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely patterns! I'm interested to know how they sew up as I've never tried one :-)

    This is quite a nice tutorial for an FBA, might be useful: http://stitchesandseams.blogspot.com/2001/03/alterations-full-bust-alteration-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, thanks! it looks great, the animated drawings make it so easy to understand :) sometimes its difficult to see which bit you're meant to be sliding or cutting.
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh they are fab I am so jealous!! I can't wait to see a finished pic! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...